Full-Time Junior Engineer
Are you ready to join one of Irelands most cutting-edge IT companies?
Blacknight (https://www.blacknight.com/) is Ireland’s leading web hosting company and ICANN-accredited domain registrar. Based in Carlow and 100% Irish-owned, Blacknight provides innovative solutions to more than 100,000 customers in 170 countries, with dedicated servers and colocation, a comprehensive range of Microsoft Windows and Linux-based hosting plans, domain name registration services, email, productivity and digital marketing tools.
Blacknight are currently recruiting for a Junior Systems Engineer to expand the current team of Engineers. This team is responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of Blacknight’s hosting infrastructure, and for building dedicated customer solutions. Blacknight currently support an infrastructure of over 2000 servers (physical and virtual) on a redundant core network, operating out of four data centres.
The relevant applicant must have a minimum 2 year’s experience in a similar role with strong networking, systems administrator and virtualisation skills.
A solid understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems is essential as is a good understanding of web technologies, domains, DNS, backup software and email products. Experience with Plesk and/or cPanel would be advantageous.
A full clean driving license is required as some travel may be required between data centres.
This is a great opportunity for a junior and eager to learn, IT Support Engineer, to expand their skill-set while supporting the most up to date technologies. The systems engineer will be part of a team responsible for ensuring all Blacknight Hosting and customer services are monitored and maintained to meet target service levels.
Duties would initially include
- checking and configuration of backups
- installation of server hardware (physical and virtual servers)
- becoming familiar with the monitoring and alerting tools we use.
- Using the Zendesk ticket platform to answer customer queries and deal with escalated queries from our technical support team
- Assistance with installation, cabling and configuration of racks.
On the job training will be provided, so if you are eager and willing to learn, like the idea of working in a secure structured environment (ISO27001) and are the type of person that wants to see how the internet works up close and personal, this could be the role for you. Blacknight is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to maintaining a positive, progressive and fulfilling working environment where all staff are treated equally and respected for their individuality and diversity.
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Contract type: Full
Salary €30,000 – €40,000 depending on experience, + benefits
Benefits Working At Blacknight
- Free car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Hot meals, salads, wraps made to order.
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Nespresso and other hot beverages available
- Group pension scheme including DIS and income protection
- Training and further education opportunities
- Regular performance reviews
- 21 days holidays a year. Up to 26 days holiday based on length of employment.
- ½ day holiday on your birthday each year
- Salaried job with weekly payment
- Bike to work scheme available
- 6 months paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Use of company mobile / laptop where applicable
- Connection to company broadband scheme
Other advantages / benefits
- Offices located close to M9 Dublin to Waterford motorway for easy commute
- 1 hour from Dublin airport
- close proximity of gyms and other amenities
- Mini-gym and showers on site
- Relaxed dress code
How to ApplyPlease email your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is the 5th of April 2019
2371 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
One Response to “Junior Engineer”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.