Freelance Senior Software Configuration Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Senior Software Configuration Engineer
The Senior Software Configuration Engineer is an IT engineer with responsibility for all stages of the software release cycle. This includes the configuration of the new SCM system and the migration of the existing codebase to the new SCM tool. The role also includes the on-going maintenance and management of the software release process and ensuring the company is in a position for expansion in the future.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provision state-of-art enterprise build system to support the evolving needs of the organization.
- Implementation and rollout of the new Enterprise SCM toolset by migrating Visual Source Safe (VSS), Subversion and PVCS Manager repositories over to Dimension CM
- Develop and implement an enterprise application deployment strategy using Dimensions-CM.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineering teams (e.g. version control, deployment, security standards) for Dimensions-CM12.2
- Administer and maintain Dimension CM version control system repositories.
- Provide guidance to development team on IDE integration and development methodologies.
- Provide industry best practices in the SCM domain.
- Maintain and support build and release packages for development and technical teams.
- Expertise in SCM tools, in particular SVN, Serena Dimensions, VSS, PVCS Manager V8 would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Build, Maven & Ant is essential.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tooling (Bamboo/Hudson) would be an advantage.
- Experience with Java Application Servers (WebSphere, JBoss etc)
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Knowledge of platforms, e.g. Solaris (x86), Linux
- Strong scripting competence to program scripts and batch files (Shell, Perl, Python, etc…)
- Experience of working in agile teams using Scrum or other agile methodology would be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of source control concepts and workflows, source control administration, distributed version control, and the logistics of managing large code repository
- Experience migrating version control repository over to Dimension CM would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com
106 total views, 1 today